To return to the Main Blog, click on "Home"

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back And Busy!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I sure needed to get away and relax, and that is just what I did!

I got back on Sunday night about 11:30. I don't like driving at the best of times. It was really dark out as I started for home at about 9:30 PM. The roads seemed to be just as dark. I just clenched the steering wheel all the way home, which was a 2.5 hour drive! The closer I got to home, more fog set in. The fog was gathering on my windshield and I had to use the wipers. I have never been so glad to get home! That was the longest 2.5 hours ever.

I missed my computer so much that on Monday, first thing in the morning, I started a new kit! I have almost got it finished and I will be posting it tomorrow or the next day.

I also have to say thank you to all of you who signed up for memberships while I was away. Wow! I could read my email away from home but I couldn't do anything for you because my computer was at home.

I got a new laptop about 1.5 months ago, but it has "VISTA"...GRRRRRR! As far a I know, I can't install Photoshop CS2 on it. If someone knows something I don't, please let me know. I would love to be able to take the laptop and external HD everywhere I go, but this Vista thing is really a problem. I am considering purchasing Windows XP and exterminating Vista. I do like using Vista but it angers me that Microsoft makes it imposible to use older programs and when it comes to purchasing Photoshop, that is a large chunk of change! I am also amazed that they didn't make provisions for CS2 when the set up Vista. My laptop is a 32 bit, not a 64, so I thought I could use it. But everying I have read on the internet says no.

Anyway, I will be posting soon. It is late and I am heading off to bed.

Hugs,
Addy

3 comments:

Handmade Treasures said...

Hi,
I forgot that I'm signed on the blog to so I decided to sign in and leave you a comment in case you didnt' see the little note I left you in the little box.
I have Vista and recently installed Photoshop CS2 on it. So far I haven't noticed any problems with it and it works just fine. Where did you read that you couldn't download Photoshop CS2 online?? I find it very strange that you can't download it while I have it downloaded on my computer.

Addy said...

Nancy,
I will try and install it then. After doing a google search on installing CS2 on Vista, most of them said I could not. However, if you have, I will give it a go! Thanks for the info!

JMCS said...

Addy,

Thakns for the email and free kit. Your designs are lovely. I have Windows Vista and have CS2 on mine. So maybe you can try again and see if it works for you. Take care. :)

Hugs,
Jonni